Thursday, July 2, 2015

Asimov and Nimoy read

Since 2007, Isaac Asimov has been my favorite author, possibly because his devotion to the full spectrum of human creativity and knowledge -- science, history, language, name it and he's written about it -- is inspiring.  The retro feel of his SF and charming optimism about the future also help. Tonight I encountered a Boingboing article on facebook sharing clips of both Asimov and Leonard Nimoy reading one of the dear doctor's favorite stories, "The Last Question". 




5 comments:

  1. Oh, I have a shelf FULL of Asimov stuff. He was one of my favourite authors through my 20's. He produced shed loads of both quality fiction and non-fiction didn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gobs and gobs of it! Essay collections, short story collections, science/history/philosophy books, novel after novel...he claimed some 400-500 books, but that's inflated by the fact that he claimed books he wrote a preface for, to boot.

    Like he needed the boost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not philosophy...I meant general works, like his various books on etymology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I count 50 on the shelf I can see across the room. I guess I'm still missing quite a few [grin]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too loved reading Asimov. It seems like ages ago but I enjoyed his science writing as well as the science fiction.

    ReplyDelete