Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (14 June)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish event in which participants share excerpts from their current reads, hosted by Should Be Reading.

"I'm not an assassin. Killing is more of a hobby with me. Have you had dinner?"

p. 1, The Cat Who Walked through Walls. Robert Heinlein.

"That must be Assaye, " Wellesley remarked. "You think we're about to make it famous?"
"I trust so, sir," Campbell said.
"Not infamous, I hope," Wellesley said, and gave his short, high-pitched laugh.

p. 215, Sharpe's Triumph. Bernard Cornwell.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just coming to the end of 'Sharpe's Trafalger' which is the next book (time-line wise) after 'Triumph'. I'm presently filling in the gaps I have in the series from Amazon.

    BTW - I posted a review on Tuesday that might interest you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes -- I almost picked up Trafalgar last week, but I decided if it was set after an Indian trilogy, I might as well read the trilogy proper.

    ReplyDelete